Chain of Custody Certification for Wood Products
What is Chain of Custody Certification?
From logs to end consumers, throughout the timber value chain, Chain of Custody certification proves that the timber being used originates from sustainably-managed forests.
Chain of Custody certification is a voluntary process to ensure that wood products or wood-based products are from certified forests thanks to strict tracking requirements throughout the value chain.
Chain of Custody certification can grant your organisation key access to many key international markets.
Two globally recognised standards for chain of custody are available for forest operators and traders today:
PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) is an umbrella organisation that endorses national forest certification systems.
The certification process to PEFC-endorsed standards is not carried out by the PEFC itself but by accredited independent third parties such as Bureau Veritas Certification.
FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) is an independent, not-for-profit NGO (Non-Governmental Organisation) established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests and was founded in 1993.
The FSC Certificate is also delivered by an accredited independent third party such as Bureau Veritas Certification.
Benefits of Chain of Custody certification:
- Access to key markets around the world
- Increase consumer confidence in the sustainable practices used in producing the wood contained in your products
- Certifying that your wood procurement is from sustainably managed sources will give your organisation a distinct and positive brand image
Why Choose Bureau Veritas Certification?
Bureau Veritas has been certifying organisations to both the FSC and PEFC standards since 2005.
We have the local expertise and global network to help your company:
- Demonstrate your compliance with standards, requirements, international law and treaties
- Adopt best practices for operations
Contact Bureau Veritas Certification to find out more information about these services.
Send an enquiry