Non-invasive Acoustic-based Heat Exchanger Tube Inspection
The efficiency of heat exchanger systems is critical to the performance of many industrial processes. Normally only a fraction of heat exchanger tubes are tested. Traditional methods are time-consuming, dependant on material type and limited by configuration, e.g. bends. There can be significant impacts on production cost, and environmental and safety risks when the condition of only a sample of all tubes is known.
What is AcousticEye? AcousticEye is a non-invasive acoustic technology that only requires access to the external end of tubes.
What are the key benefits?
• Rapid inspection. It is now feasible to inspect 100% of all tubes.
• Non-invasive. It is not possible for a probe to become stuck or damage the tube.
• Test any tube material: ferrous, non-ferrous, plastics, brass, etc.
• Test any configuration: not limited by bends, valves, bulges or fins.
• Quantitative inspection providing location, size and type of defect.
• Initial on-site data analysis is an automated process allowing immediate feedback. Full data capture. The automated assessment of all tubes is reviewed as part of our analysis and reporting process. High probability of detection (POD) of defects.
Why Choose Bureau Veritas
Recognition Founded in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a world leader specialising in conformity assessment services related to Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE). Certified to ISO 9001 for all of its activities globally, Bureau Veritas is well known for its ability to adapt to changing client environments and situations and for its commitment to providing leading solutions through quality service.
Knowledge & Expertise Through expert local teams and technical knowledge, Bureau Veritas are able to deliver packaged and targeted solutions and information to support our clients’ unique business requirements.
Network With a global network of over 900 locations in more than 140 countries, Bureau Veritas provides tailored solutions to clients throughout the world across a diverse range
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
What tube size and material types can AcousticEye inspect?
AcousticEye can inspect tubes with an I.D. between 9 and 35mm, and up to 25m in length. Any tube material can be tested including ferrous, non-ferrous, plastics, brass, etc. AcousticEye is not limited by bends, valves, bulges and fins.
How long is inspection time?
AcousticEye testing is very fast. We can inspect in excess of 1000 tubes per shift.
Does AcousticEye assess the condition of the external surface of tubes?
No. We can only detect internal defects such as blockages, wall loss (pitting and erosion), holes and bulges. We can provide an additional IRIS service where it is critical to know the external surface condition.
Are there cleaning requirements?
Yes. Tubes still need to be cleaned as for other inspection methods. Tubes should also be relatively dry to insure accurate results.