ISO 22000 FSSC Certification - Food Certification
Demonstrate Your Commitment To Food Safety
What is ISO 22000 FSSC?
Many standards have been developed within food safety, including company-specific standards, legal regulations and standards developed by retailers. Their proliferation have made their application difficult. At the same time, food safety principles have spread across the world. The safety of food stuffs has become a major issue for all players within the food chain. For this reason, a single standard with worldwide reach including the food safety principles has become necessary.
The ISO 22000 FSSC (Food Safety Standard Certification)is the first international standard for implementation of a certified food safety management system. It covers Interactive Communication, System Management and Hazard Control.
Key Certification Process Steps:
- Definition of certification scope;
- Pre-audit (optional); gap analysis and diagnosis of your current position against the standard;
- Initial audit to verify the implementation of the basic structure of the Management System (applying legislation and regulations);
- Certification audit (certificate issued);
- Surveillance audits to follow the continual improvement;
- Re-certification after 3 years through full audit or continual assessment. After each step, a straightforward and complete report is quickly delivered allowing your company to continually improve its food safety management performance.
Why Choose Bureau Veritas
Network 5,700 skilled auditors operating in over 100 countries offer a unique combination of international and local expertise, providing consistent services wherever our clients reside.
Expertise Our auditors have extensive knowledge of specific industry sectors, local regulations, markets and language, that enable them to provide solutions to meet your individual needs.
Recognition Bureau Veritas Certification is recognised by national and international accreditation bodies throughout the world.
Mark of global recognition The Bureau Veritas Certification mark is a globally recognised symbol of your organisation’s ongoing commitment to excellence, sustainability and reliability.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
What does IS0 22000 FSSC cover?
- Interactive Communication. This Standard requires the organisation to proactively communicate with key stakeholders in order to understand their needs and demands, informing them of any variances.
- System Management. The Standard builds on ISO 9001:2000 to enhance the implementation of effective food safety systems.
- Hazard Control. An effective system that can control food safety hazards to acceptable levels in end products (or delivered to the next step in the food chain).
Already certified ISO 9001, should I replace it with ISO 22000 FSSC?
No. ISO 22000 FSSC should be seen as a necessary complement to ISO 9001, not as a stand-alone benchmark. When combined, the resulting system could deliver excellence in food manufacture and supply.
Do you offer combined ISO 9001 with ISO 22000 FSSC?
Yes, we can offer a combined certification.