Aerospace Services - AS/EN/JISQ 9100 certification
Demonstrate Your Company's Commitment to Quality in the Aeronautics Industry
Perhaps no other industry is as safety-conscious as the Aeronautics industry. Continually under public scrutiny and with little margin for error, strict quality control standards are now widely accepted in every corner of the industry.
In an extremely competitive global landscape almost all the successful manufacturers, suppliers and service providers today regard quality management as their fundamental driving force.
To demonstrate this commitment, however, requires independent certification. It is irrefutable evidence that quality standards are being met. Such certification can mean the difference between winning new contracts and being excluded.
What is AS/EN/JISQ 9100 certification?
AS 9100 is the internationally recognised quality system standard specific to the Aeronautics industry. Known as AS 9100 in North America, EN 9100 in Europe and JISQ 9100 in Japan, the standard is strongly supported and adhered to by major aeronautics manufacturers including Airbus, Boeing, GEAE and Rolls-Royce.
Indeed, AS 9100 certification has already become the basic requirement demanded by each of these companies to their suppliers. Based on ISO 9001 requirements, AS 9100 places a particular focus on quality, safety and technology in all disciplines throughout the industry and throughout the entire supply chain. It applies to every domain whether civil or military.
Key Certification Process Steps: A typical certification process includes the following key steps:
- Definition of certification scope;
- Pre-audit (optional): gap analysis and diagnosis of your current position against the standard;
- Certification audit (certificate issued);
- Surveillance visits to follow the continual improvement;
- Re-certification after 3 years through full audit or continual assessment. Following each step a straightforward and complete report is delivered promptly allowing your company to continually improve its quality management performance.
Why Choose Bureau Veritas
Network 5,700 skilled auditors operating in over 100 countries offer a unique combination of international and local expertise, providing consistent services wherever our clients reside.
Expertise Our auditors have extensive knowledge of specific industry sectors, local regulations, markets and language that enable them to provide solutions to meet your individual needs.
Recognition Bureau Veritas Certification is recognised by national and international accreditation bodies throughout the world.
Mark of global recognition The Bureau Veritas Certification mark is a globally recognised symbol of your organisation’s ongoing commitment to excellence, sustainability and reliability.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
To which industries do the AS/EN/JISQ 9100 family of standards apply?
- AS/EN/JISQ 9100 is applicable to the whole supply chain, not only in the aeronautics manufacturing industry, but also in equipment design and fabrication, operation of airports and airways, supply and maintenance of spare parts, flight operation and goods processing.
- EN/AS/JISQ 9100 is applicable to companies producing new materials, parts and other materials.
- EN/AS/JISQ 9110 is applicable to companies carrying out maintenance and repairs.
- EN/AS/JISQ 9120 is applicable to stockists and resellers.
Which organizations are behind the standard?
The AS/EN/JISQ 9100 series of norms and the procedures for application have been passed by the IAQG (International Aerospace Quality Group) and in Europe, by the EAQG (European Aerospace Quality Group) and ASD (AECMA-EASE).
Do you offer combined ISO 9001 with AS/EN/JISQ 9100?
Yes, in fact AS/EN/JISQ 9100 can only be offered in addition to ISO 9001. The certificate will include the specific aerospace standard and will also reference ISO 9001.